Our amazing team of regulars and part-time volunteers are committed to helping others. We take our convictions and turn them into action.
We are a dedicated resource centre that provides hope & support for all people in crisis situations, to stabilise them emotionally, spiritually and psychologically.
CIC operates within the area covered by the Tableview, Milnerton and Melkbos SAPS. This includes Milnerton, part of Brooklyn, Summer Greens, Joe Slovo, Montague Gardens, Killarney Gardens, Milnerton Ridge, Sunset Beach, Dunoon, Doornbach, Tableview, Bloubergstrand, Westbeach, Parklands, Bloubergrant & Melkbos.
All our trauma workers are trained volunteers from within the community who provide their time and assistance free of charge, often at a cost to themselves. We deal with rape, murder, suicide, attempted suicide, family crisis, child abuse & neglect, accident trauma, HIV & aids issues, domestic violence, armed robberies, violent crimes, substance abuse, grief support and any other critical incidents.
Seeing a need for energetic, nonprofit work in this area, we formed our organization to provide sensible actionable trauma solutions. We've consistently grown since then, all thanks to the helping hands of this amazing community!
CIC is a Level 1 BBBEE certified, non-profit organisation registered with the Department of Social Services.
What happens in the event of an emergency?
In case of a traumatic situation call the CIC Emergency number 082 821 3447.
The supervisor on duty will assess the situation and advise you accordingly with regards to an appointment.
We are called out by the police and the hospital if they feel the situation warrants the services of a trauma worker to be on site with victims. Appointments can also be made with our trauma workers to meet with them at a convenient time.
Please call the office or emergency phone to schedule an appointment.
For your convenience and accessibility, trauma counselling and support is provided at one of the following venues:
* SA Police Service (designated trauma rooms in Table View, Melkbos and Milnerton)
* Netcare Blaauwberg (hospital trauma unit or counselling room)
* CIC Office – 18 Pentz Drive, Blouberg, Western Cape 7441, South Africa (08h30 – 15h00, Mon to Fri)
We focus on making the maximum positive effort for our community. Our members and volunteers provide the momentum that helps us affect change. Using data driven models, we provide solutions that make a long-lasting difference.
To provide a trauma centre to the local community that offers hope, support and empowerment to people in crises
To provide therapeutic/counselling resources to assist with and improve the emotional and psychological well-being of people in crises
• Serve as the first line of aid and bridging facility when immediate action is necessary to reduce the trauma experienced, emotionally and physically by victims of crime or persons suffering psychological or emotional distress, until they can be referred to appropriate, professional institutions for follow-up services
• Create and maintain an organisational network of professional and lay counsellors, who will make their time and knowledge available to traumatized people in the community.
• Establish a relationship with local SAPS to deliver Victim Support Service
• Providing a free service to the community
• To provide professional training to volunteers and outsourced clients
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
Copyright © 2019 Community Intervention Center - All Rights Reserved.